Sunday, September 12, 2010

Lately...

So its been a while since I have posted, but I guess I have been a busy girl!

At the beginning of the month, we loaded up the camping trailer and headed up to my dad's house to go camping. It was fun! It was good to see everyone again and to actually go camping with my dad. I do have to say,  it isn't the same as when we use to go with Grandpa and there was a lot of people. We rode the four wheelers and went fishing. My dad caught a bunch, all the little kids were so excited when he caught them, it was funny to see Ashlynn's surprised face when he pulled it out of the water!! I think all in all we had a good time. I hope we get to go again with my dad, I am good with just a small group of people going camping!!

This past week I have been trying to get all the vegetables from my garden canned. I did green beans a while ago and just discovered that I didn't do them right. I was so bummed. I had to throw them all out. I was so mad at myself for not reading books to figure it out. I have made enough jam to last us a lifetime too! I also helped my friend bottle some meat the other day. We just took the beef out of her freezer and pressure cooked them and then canned them. It is pretty cool what you can do with canning things. I have learned so many new things and I am totally loving it!!

Friday night I went to St George to watch my little sister dance at the football game halftime. They did so good! I am so glad that I went! When I was on drill team I LOVED my military dance, but I really really liked theirs. They had some really cool formation changes and a really neat dance. It gave me chills when I was watching them! Yesterday, we had a party for my Grandma and Grandpa Snow's 50th Wedding Anniversary. It was so cool to see everyone again from my family. There were some of them I haven't seen in 5 years. Lots of them hadn't ever met Ashlynn or Ty before. It was fun. I will post pictures from the two days soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment