Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Monday Madness

yep.. the title says it all!! Yesterday was Monday MADNESS!! I spent ALL day canning things! I was surprised at to what all I did. I had some potatoes that I got at Corn Fest a few weeks ago, well they all went mushy and were trying to go rotten. I was kinda bugged, so I got this bright idea to bottle them and save them for soups or whatever I want to use them for. So I started, peeled all the potatoes, and put them on chicken broth and pressure cooked them for 40 minutes. I had A LOT of bottles.While those were processing, I made some grape jelly!! I had 6 batches of grape jelly that I made. It is so good!

Then last night, Melinda invited us to go to the reservoir for tin foil dinners and cobbler. It was fun getting together with everyone. It seems like it had been a while since we all got together. The weather was perfect and food was yummy! Thanks for inviting us Melinda!! We had fun! :)

As for the rest of the week, I am hoping for relaxation and doing absolutely NOTHING!!

2 comments:

  1. So fun! You are a busy lady! Glad you got to go out to the res and relax a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that's a lot! Good job! I need to get off my butt and do something productive, nah, I'll be lazy instead :)

    ReplyDelete