Saturday, January 23, 2010

A day away....

Well today my little brother Landon had a basketball game in Moab. I wasn't going to go with, but decided we all needed a day away from Gunnison. Grandpa's funeral was in just a few days and I thought that it would be good to get out of dodge and take some deep breaths.

Well the views to Moab from Gunnison were beautiful. It didn't ever snow on us, but there was snow on the ground. I forgot to take my camera, but this was taken from my phone... pretty good if I say so myself!! It took us about two in a half hours to get there. Once in Moab, there were cool shops and lots of tourist attraction type things. I have never been there before. I am going to have to plan a trip there during the summer to go see what its like.

Landon played his game, which started at 2:30 pm. His team did really good the first half. They were up by almost 10 points the whole time. The in the last 2 quarters, the other team kinda kicked some rear. Landon's team ended up loosing after being beat, hit in the face, and pretty much trampled on. They sure did put up a good fight! Good Job Bubba!! I was proud of you!!

Here are a few pics I took with my phone again....


Landon playing ball

The team trying to score

Well tomorrow is the start of the funeral stuff. Viewing is from 6 to 8 pm. Wish me luck!!

2 comments:

  1. I've been thinking about ya... I know it's hard but you're a strong gal. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rachel! I needed that! Love you too!

    ReplyDelete