Saturday, December 26, 2009

Oh, how I miss her so....

Well, today made it 2 years since my Grandma Childs died. I can't believe it has been that long. It seems like yesterday we were sitting in her living room talking to her and she would be asking us how the weather was in St George, what we were doing for fun, asking if I was still dancing. She was such an amazing women! Not only was she a great Grandma, who never favored one child or the other, but she was an amazing mother to her 4 kids. She took care of my Grandpa for 50+ years!! But in my mind, I always asked myself, why? why her? She was so perfect. She worked so hard everyday.

I think one of the few hardest parts is that I didn't make it to her house in time. She passed away when I was an hour away. It was so hard to drive the rest of the way when I had been busting my butt to get there in the blizzard I was driving in. I was heart broken. I couldn't remember the last time I saw my Grandma, due to her being up in Gunnison and me too busy to get out of this town to go see her. Oh, how I miss her so!

The other hardest part is that I was 6 1/2 months pregnant with Ashlynn. I wanted so badly for Grandma to hold her when she was born. I wanted to get a picture of her and Ash together. Ashlynn's original due date was March 12, My Grandpa Childs Birthday. So it would have been cool if she was born on Grandpa's Birthday. Well, my mom had to put things into a different perspective for me... Grandma died and went to heaven to rock Ashlynn and sing and play with her before the rest of us get the chance to. She was in heaven taking care of my baby girl! Well closer we got to having Ashlynn, the closer it got to Grandma's Birthday. Low and behold, Ashlynn was born on My Grandma Childs' Birthday! It was so awesome to have someone celebrate their birthday the same as Grandma did!! I thought it was pretty awesome and so did Grandpa!

So as I sit here today and remember a great wife, mother, grandmother, and great grandmother. I love you Grandma and wish I could give you a hug one last time! I miss you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment