Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Dresser Remodel....


So instead of cleaning my house yesterday, I decided to redo a dresser that has been collecting dust in my living room... haha! We got this dresser from my dad a month or so ago. I decided to use it for Ashlynn because the one she had was broken. I have been looking at this website called All Things Thrifty and they redo furniture all the time and I LOVE IT! So I copied them and this is what I did... Enjoy!

The dresser before it MAKEOVER!
This is the Primer I Used... LOVED IT! 
Drawers after they were primed
Drawers after painting them with this color....
Dresser itself after the coat of color...
Then I took wood stain and made it look all antiqued.... like this...
and painted the handles like this...


and put it all together and here is the finished dresser!!
Ashlynn loves it! We put it in her room and it looks really good! I am so proud of myself!
YAY ME!!




6 comments:

  1. I love that site also! You did such an awesome job on the dresser.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go annalee! I still have one or two projects that I have to redo... if only I had time! One is the dining set (from white and natural wood to cherry/walnut and black - so excited!) I love your yard too... great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YOU GO GIRL!!! Way cute!!! I love that site too.. I am actually wanting to do the same thing with our dresser in our room.. but not the same colors!! haha.. BUT, You did good, Gotta love those fun crafty stuff!!! Id rather do that than clean!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job lady! That looks darling!!! Can't wait to see you. When do we work together next? Tomorrow??

    ReplyDelete