Tuesday, February 23, 2010

What I've been up to....

So for the past few days, I have been home with a sick almost 2 year old. It is so sad to watch her feel so sick. I think in the past few days we have had a total of maybe 10 hours of sleep at night. Ya pretty much stinks! I had to call into work sick for today cuz I knew we wouldn't get much sleep and I didn't dare just drop her at my mom's house, which I am sure she would have been ok with. I can't get her fever to break the 100's. It ranges between 100.3 and 102.4, and I don't know what else to do for her. I took her to the doctor this morning, but she really couldn't tell me what was wrong with her. After wishing I would have taken her yesterday instead, all they said is that her ear was red, but no ear infection. She has large tonsils, but not inflamed. Her lungs sound clear as far as pneumonia or bronchitis, but may have upper airway cough.... well geez!! Can you not give me a straight answer??!!! So instead, she just gave us some amoxicillin for Ashlynn to take to see if it helps. What a way to spend the last few days before your birthday. It really sucks cuz she is suppose to go to her dads on Thursday night - but if she isn't feeling better, they are out of luck! She came home sick from there... I guess we will see what happens from now til then. I really don't want another thing like last year... PNEUMONIA isn't fun!!

So I am hoping after a day of antibiotics she will start feeling better. I just tried to put her down for a nap, she was in her bed for about 30 minutes and she woke up. Ya, What do ya do for the poor things?? So I just held her... while she is 101.7 degrees warm!! :( She finally went back to sleep after I took all of her clothes off of her. I am hoping she will stay asleep for a little bit. She woke up around 2 am last night and we were up for 2.5 hours.


Poor Girl! Get feeling better ASHLYNN honey!!

1 comment: