Sunday, February 28, 2010

Happy Birthday Princess Ashlynn!!

Well 2 years ago right now, at 8:16 am, I was holding my new born baby girl. I can't believe that it has been that long! I remember everything like it was yesterday. I remember my water breaking the night before as we were signing paperwork for my new car, me calling Heather and telling her I didn't think I would be into work the next day, and sitting at the hospital thinking my contractions were getting pretty bad but I was only 2 hours into it. The finally getting my epidural and being able to sleep, except for the nurses that came into the room to rotate me. I remember the epidural running out at 6 am and wanting to get up and beat the nurse for letting it run out. I'll never forget when the doctor came in to check me and said that I could have had her earlier if anyone would have caught that my placenta was causing me to not finish dilating, although I am glad that they didn't because I knew it was Grandma Childs that was helping Ashlynn stay in there til her birthday, which is the same as Ashlynn is! I remember a few hours after having her, the doctor saying that they needed to put her into NICU because she was having difficulty breathing and had swallowed a bunch of amniotic fluid. Three hard days of watching her in an incubator wondering why I was going through that is something I never want to have happen again. I remember them saying that my stay was up and me freaking out yelling that I wouldn't go home without my baby girl. She finally started to improve and we were able to finally go home!

Ashlynn was 6 lbs 12 oz and 18.5 inch long when she was born. Today she weighs just over 24 pounds and is a cute little princess. I can't believe that she is 2 years old. It is so crazy how fast time goes by. We are having cake and Ice Cream for her later so I will have to post some pics in another post. Here are few lists of her favorite things as of today...

Favorite Foods:
Yougurt
Chicken Nuggets
Chips (any flavor)
Apples
Cheese
Toast (if she gets to put it in the toaster and butter it)
Eggs (she loves the yoke)
SMARTIES!!!

Favorite Toys:
Play dough (thanks Garrett and Caitlin)
Baby Dolls (and their stroller)
Ride her new bike
Toy Dish Sets and Play Pots and Pans
Balls
Legos/Blocks

Things she loves:
To watch the Jazz play (she yells 'Go Jazz' and throws her arms in the air)
Her mom (of course)
Help her mom with laundry
Taking baths (but not washing hair)
Playing Blocks/Legos
Playing outside
Playing with the dogs

Few words she says:
Cheese
Mom
Mama (Grandma)
Papa (Grandpa)
This (as she points to everything)
Teeth (love to brush her teeth all the time)
She can almost say everyones name, including our dogs names

Happy "2nd" Birthday Ashlynn!!

3 comments:

  1. You are such a good mom! Happy Birthday Ashlynn!! Such a CUTIE!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweetie! Happy Birthday, little miss.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe it's been that long!

    ReplyDelete